Our re-opening will not be what has been familiar to us for so long, at least for the time being. We’ll be limited in group seating and operation due to state and local guidelines. Here are our Phase 1 guidelines through the end of May:
"When and where will we have worship together?"
- Our only public gathering inside will be our 10:30 AM worship service on Sundays. Doors open at 10AM.
- We will now permanently broadcast our service on Facebook Live.
- We will keep doing these following ministries weekly using Zoom online:
Fusion Youth - Wednesdays at 7:00pm
Open Life Group - Thursday 7:00pm
Second Sunday will also begin soon and be through Zoom online (TBA).
"How do I prepare before going to the service?"
- If you feel sick in any way, please stay home and get well soon. Please let us know so we can pray for you and be of support in some way as needed.
- - In accordance with Governor Abbott's executive order GA-18, we encourage individuals who are “65 or older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune systems” to remain at home and participate in all activities via digital platforms.
"What do we do as we arrive and come inside the building?"
- Doors will be fixed open until the service begins so you don’t have to open them. We will have folks who will greet you with a wave and offering a spray of hand sanitizer.
- We encourage everyone to wash or sanitize hands upon entering and after any interaction with others - and bring and use their own sanitizer.
- Everyone needs to maintain six feet of social distancing at all times. Try to avoid physical contact such as handshakes, fist bumps or hugs and NO HOLY KISSING!
- As you come in and enter a row to be seated, please make sure to leave 2 chairs between you and your family and the individuals/families next to you. Every other row will be blocked from any seating.
- There will be no separate children’s ministry or nursery provided for at least the first few weeks. We are encouraging families to sit and worship together.
- Children’s activities will be available to use during the service (and pillows for adults for naps during the sermon ;-)
- Consistent with the actions taken by many individuals across the state, consider wearing some type of face mask or covering.
- When the service ends, Pastor Walt will dismiss families/individuals one at a time, a row at a time.
"What about giving or the Lord’s Supper?"
- There will be no food/snacks given out, no passing of communion trays or offering plates.
- When we practice the Lord’s Supper, from now on we will only use pre-packaged communion cups (bread and then juice sealed in and on one cup).
- The communion cups will be set out on tables for people to pick up on their way in.
- After use they can be placed in the little o-rings in the metal tray in the chair in front of you then thrown in any of the provided trash cans after the conclusion of the service.
- Giving can be securely done through the website, text giving, the offering box(es) by the auditorium entrances, and by mailing it in.
- Our paid cleaning staff will clean deeply every week as always including additional wiping down all arm rests, tables, chairs, door knobs/handles/crash bars, all equipment, etc. (due to supplies of these products is still weeks away in the marketplace, we accept any donation of disinfectant wipes and cleaning supplies - just leave them in a bag or box inside the office entrance area.
"What about youth camp and Mega Sports Camp?"
- Sadly, youth camp was cancelled. Also Mega Sports Camp is suspended as well.
- We are working on alternatives that are doable and effective as best we can with the guidelines later this summer and will announce them.
For whatever questions you have please ask Pastor Walt or any of our trustees by calling 281-991- 4100. You can also reach Pastor Walt directly at 281-795-3952 or email here.
We are so grateful that up to this moment no one in our congregation have had COVID-19 and we continue to pray that that continues. In the meanwhile, as our community, like the state and nation, continue to slowly reawaken from this horrible ordeal worldwide, we will take measured yet optimistic steps in Phases 2 and 3 to reopen more of our ministry abilities.
God is not surprised by any of this, is still shaping us into the image of His Son, increasing our faith in Him, is sovereign and in control of everything. The mission our Lord Jesus gave us is unchanged: To lead all people to love, live and serve the Lord Jesus Christ - together! So please pray for not only our ministry coordinators but also how you will be a part of fulfilling our vision and mission the Lord has given us. Pray for a spiritual awakening in our churches, homes and communities - and our missionaries’ ministries worldwide! As we go through The Story series, it is not coincidental that in the middle of this nationwide pandemic, that we came upon this following verse - remember it and lean on what God says to us through this time:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 NKJV